Saturday, March 8, 2008

Week 9, Thing # 23 Summarizing it all

I learned so much from this experience. I'd never listened to a podcast before, much less known how to find one! You Tube was only slightly familiar, RSS feeds were untouched, etc. Now I've signed up for so many various feeds I've flooded myself with too much information, but it's so hard to resist!
I loved some of the sites, and have shared the info with teachers, students, and my own family. There's been a touch of awe from many of them, first at the technology, and also at the fact that I even know about it...I'm surprised myself.
The course has helped me to overcome some of the reluctance, and even fears, I had about approaching some of these things, and I feel much more comfortable with exploring on my own, now, too. What's the worst that can happen, anyway?
The nine weeks is fast, and maybe too compact for me. I fell behind and had to cram the past few days in order to get it all done. I had some trouble learning how to blog, and may not have included all that I wished to, or should have, so that is an ongoing learning experience. I'd like to keep the blog, or at least start another, to use in collaborative projects with teachers and students in my high school media center. It will be a great way to share info on recommended sites, homework, projects, new book and materials, etc.
While not a fan of Wikipedia, I've come to appreciate the give and take of this kind of technology, and really appreciate the variety of opinions and voices to be found in shared online communities. School library media teachers are all about collaboration, which is found in huge quantities in SchoolLibrary Learning 2.0.
Thanks so much to our Californina colleagues for preparing this course, and the MSLA for offering it to us.
In one sentence:
"This is the best professional development offering I've ever participated in."

No comments: