Saturday, March 8, 2008

Week 8, Thing #19---make that LibraryThing

I liked looking into this site, but I never enjoy cataloging; not at work, and certainly not at home! Still, I can understand the fun in joining a large cirle of like-minded readers, and it could be useful for book clubs, curriculum connections, and the like.
I did link to my mini-collection in LibraryThing for this exercise, and there are MANY others who have tagged the Jane Austen novels.
Tags are growing on me---once I read the comparison to putting labels on folders, and having the same thing in more than one folder it made more sense. How many times I've looked in my recipe file for apple squares, and had to search under apple, brownies, cookies, squares, before finding it---usually on the shelf beside the box, waiting to be filed...

No comments: