Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Week 5, Thing # 11

I looked at Pandora, a site where you create your own "radio station" by entering the name of a song or musician, and have the site generate a playlist of similar songs/artists. You can also set it up by genre. Registration is free, and you can set up scores of "stations" to listen to. I asked a couple of young people to take a look at it , too, and the response was overwhelmingly positive; "I listen to that at work all the time!/ "I love it!"/etc.
It would be a fun project to have students in a foreign language class set up a station related to their language studies, or a cultural activity for "salsa" or "jazz" music--they are broken down even further in those categories. This is a really fun, creative site, and I'm so glad I found it!

No comments: